Saturday, September 24, 2011

Exactly what I've been saying

I don't know why the doctors continue to paint such rosy pictures for normalcy after prostate cancer. Each of the docs I went to said "The other therapies leave significant side effects, but not mine."

Then they would offer reassuring words, give me a handout with statistics to back up what they had said, and out the door I went.

Here is the sobering truth.

“I had surgery by a doctor who said 98 percent of my patients are perfectly fine,” said Mr. Nelson, now 51. “Of course, I wasn’t perfectly fine.”

The Side Effects? Well, There Is One...

Realistic expectations MUST be communicated. Otherwise you set men up for a double-whammy.

But I have a feeling that it once again comes down to money. Physicians don't follow the #1 rule of a great business - under promise and over deliver.

But then again, we don't have a lot of choice, do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment