Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back to the pool

Got back in the water for the first time in a month yesterday.

It felt good.

I took it very easy, completing abut 1/3 of my usual workout, and even that wore me out a bit.

Still, the physical exercise does wonders not only for the body, but the mind and soul as well.

And, it was REALLY nice to get back to some sort of a routine, even if that routine is an abbreviated version of my regular day. It makes me feel 'normal'. Well, normal for me.

Plus I've got a huge group of friends at the pool. It felt like going home again. If by home I mean a wet, humid, chlorine-filled environment.

Every day is a little better. I know I'll have my ups and downs, as everyone does, but it's nice to see some progress.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this milestone. You know, there might be an advantageous side affect from the radiation. Maybe you will grow gills and start breathing underwater. Of course, considering where the radiation originates, it would bring a whole new meaning to 'blow it out your ass.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now refer to the pool at a 'reactor cooling tank'.

    The good news is I get a lane all to myself!

    ReplyDelete