Thursday, July 7, 2011

Two weeks until treatment

I returned a few days ago from a 2600 mile, 10 day motorcycle trip down to San Francisco where I swam the "Escape from Alcatraz" event, and then we wandered up the California and Oregon coasts to home.

The swim was fantastic, and we had a great time in San Fran, but I think I found my endurance limit. 10 days, with the kind of riding we did (crossed the mountains from the I-5 corridor to the coast several times), was too much.

The effect of no testosterone is really getting to be a pain.

I kind of new that I was running on fumes a couple of days from home. But by that time there really wasn't much I could do other than soldier on.

But when I got home it hit me like a ton of bricks. When I get exhausted it throws my entire system for a loop. I feel tired, but have trouble sleeping. I feel like I run a low-grade fever. My body temperature regulation (from the hypothalamus) is . . . well, buggy. I'm either too hot or too cold. And not like, "Oh, I'm warm. Turn on the fan." More like piling on sweaters and blankets, or breaking out in a cold sweat.

So, that was how I spent my weekend and the 4th of July. Not a ton of fun, but I'm feeling much better now. Time to get on with treatment. The sooner I get this process started, the quicker I can get back on my meds and some semblance of 'normal'.

Well, as normal as it gets with a prolactinoma.

I go in a week from last Tuesday to get the seeds implanted.

That should be . . . interesting. But I'm more than ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment