Thursday, May 12, 2011

Yay! Maybe my artificial hip won't be a problem

Wow!

Well, after a lengthy discussion with a nurse, it looks like my artificial hip won't be a problem for proton beam therapy! (Pew Pew!)

Which, as we professionals say, is a good thing.

It's a weird feeling. Suddenly, it seems very real.

Now come the logistics. Which should be fun. If by 'fun' you mean pulling your lower lip far enough down that you could step on it and trip.

Most of my questions won't be able to be answered until my two days of consultation. We will go from there.

Here is something cool though, to shoot the proton beam in exactly the right spot, they take a cylinder of metal - think of a large coin about 6 inches thick - and cut a whole in it that is the EXACT SHAPE of the tumor, which forms the coutures of the beam. How weird is that?

And I also get a full body mold made to hold me precisely in the right position for therapy.

Heh. I hope they got a whole mess of casting material.

More news as it comes available.

I'm also working diligently on marketing the book. It's a busy, busy time. But for all that's going on, a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment