Friday, May 27, 2011

Well, well, well . . .

I visited the Loma Linda Proton Beam center yesterday. Quite an amazing place.

Unfortunately, it looks like I may not be a 'prime' candidate for the therapy. Because of my artificial hip.

Well monkey farts.

The Dr. suggest that I go with bracheotherapy where they implant radioactive seeds in the prostate, but unfortunately the radiology oncologist said that was not an option.

Double monkey farts.

Seems this ride is going to be a little more difficult than I had hoped.

I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Hi David, I missed something. Is monkey farts a treatment option? How does that work? Are real monkeys involved? Is this outpatient or do you get to bring them home? How does Suzanne feel about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, here's the problem Dave;

    Monkey Farts are one of those 'grey area' items that may or may not be covered by insurance. And if it is covered, you need to make sure that you are using 'in network' monkey farts as opposed to any old monkey fart that you can get your hands on.

    Sometimes they will try and substitute a generic. Don't be fooled. While they say that a bovine fart or a canine fart will do the same - I've even had them try to tell me that a horse fart will work too - it's not the same as a primate fart.

    Don't even get me started on the 'double monkey farts'. I think you need at least two referrals for those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beginning to understand how complex a problem this is. Modern medicine is getting so complicated! I was just getting used to leeches and now I have to start learning about monkey farts. When will it end?

    ReplyDelete